Scroll down to see Meryl's Introduction video!
Meryl Cohen, M.Ed., LCSW brings groups, psychoeducational workshops, and sex and relationship therapy to REVIVE therapy & healing. Meryl is an AASECT Certified Sexuality Educator with Master's degrees in Education and Social Work.
Her clinical work is informed by her ability to integrate decades of experience teaching and training teens and adults in all areas of sexuality. Her candid and gentle nature makes her a truly exceptional therapist. She welcomes individuals, couples and families seeking to enhance their understanding of healthy sexuality.
Meryl Cohen, MEd, LCSW is a sexuality and relationship therapist who has taught reproductive and sexual health to thousands of students, parents, professionals and teens for the last 30 years. She provides sexuality education throughout the community on a variety of topics including sexuality as it relates to desire, ethics, disability, puberty, relationships, cancer, aging, dysfunction, eroticism, consent, and communication She teaches sexuality at the University of Houston Graduate College of Social Work, and is the former Vice President of Planned Parenthood Education and Counseling.
- Masters of Social Work, University of Houston
- Masters in Education, University of Texas Austin, Texas
- Bachelors in Science Education, University of Texas Austin, Texas
- Vice President of Education and Counseling Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast 1986-2015
- Adjunct Faculty University of Texas School of Public Health
- Adjunct Faculty University of Houston Graduate College of Social Work
- Adjunct Faculty Baylor College of Medicine Department of Psychiatry
- Lecturer Rice University
Licenses and Certifications
- American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors and Therapists Certified Sex Educator (served on National Board of AASECT)
- Texas State Board of Social Workers Examiners Licensed Clinical Social Worker License number 33826
- 2009 John McGovern Lecture Award in Health Promotion for Community Contributions and Activism by University of Texas School of Public Health
- 1998 Hannah Solomon Award from The National Council of Jewish Women
Presentations and Papers
The nature of my career for the past 30 years has been educating and training parents and professionals on the wide spectrum of reproductive and sexual health issues. I trained over 2000 people a year. A sample of the organizations and agencies that I have presented to, include:
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America
- AASECT American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors and Therapists
- National Science Teachers
- Texas Family Planning Association
- Texas Council on Family Relations
- Texas Association Concerned with School Age Parenting
- Texas Education Agency
- Texas Department of Health and Human Services HIV Conferences Center for Health Training
- Southwestern Medical Center Dallas
- Harris County Juvenile Probation
- Harris County Children’s Protective Services
- University of Houston
- Neighborhood Centers Inc.
- Children at Risk
- Houston Family Service Center
- Rice University
- M.D. Anderson
- Texas Children’s Hospital
- DePelchin's Childrens Center
- HISD and 12 surrounding school districts
- University of Texas Medical School
- Houston AIDS Foundation
- Harris County Department of Education
- City of Houston Health and Human Services
- Harris County Department of Health
- Anti-Defamation League
- Jewish Feminist Conference
- American Jewish Committee
- National Council of Jewish Women
- Bnai Brith Women
Radio and television including the Montel Williams Show, repeatedly on Debra Duncan's Great Day Houston and numerous interviews for local and state programming.
Want to hear more about Meryl's treatment philosophy and approach? Click HERE!